Awhile back, someone suggested I create a blog. I had a blog in the past, but it was not only me collaborating on it, so I thought I would try one right now. I feel that it is important to record things that you are learning in your life that may help others, or in the least help you to gain the realization of the things you are learning.
I firmly believe that our experiences shape who we are, and that the changes and growth we go through are a pivotal part of our future. I am not creating this blog as a means to give a detailed play by play of my life (that is for God, my family, and close friends to know), nor did I create it as a way to complain about the things that may not be going great, but more as a way to share what I have been learning because maybe it could help someone at sometime. I also love using profound quotes to help convey what I am feeling. My relationship with God is the most important aspect of my life, so He will be this a lot too. So....here goes...
Lately, I have been learning a few key things. Here are some of them...
The quote "What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of how is suppose to be"-unknown is a great example of what I have been learning lately. We are human and we have expectations. Those expectations about life may be simple, or to some even a little silly, but they are how we feel. We all have expectations about what is going to happen. We may have had expectations about what we would be when we grew up or different things about our future. When we get to the place in our lives that we thought that would happen and it didn't happen quite like we had anticipated, it feels frustrating. I was watching an epsiode of "Bones" the other day. One of the characters was turning 29 (which is funny because that is how old I am), and he was concerned that he hadnt lived up to everyones expectations, especially his own. Here is the thing that I am learning with this, yes things may not be what we expect. We may not have met the perfect person, we may struggle in areas, we may think that it should be different, but it is EXACTLY how it should be. The struggles we face (though they definitely suck) are how it is suppose to be! God created our life EXACTLY how it should be.
Another thing I am learning is that people are always placed in your life for a reason. It does not matter the hurts you have had in the past with people whether it be friends or family, they are placed in your life for a reason. Sometimes people are put in our lives for only a short while while others are placed in our lives for a long time, whatever the reason, it will always teach you something. That is one of the biggest things I have learned lately. The people that are going to be supportive and there through the good and the bad are the people you need and the people you need to appreciate. When I say bad...I mean they are the people that are going to see you at your worst and stay.
The last thing I have learned lately is that trust is extremely crucial. I'm talking trust on a deep level. Trust comes into play in everything we do. It comes into play in relationships, teamwork, and many other areas. Here is the thing though...trust in God and His timing for things is the ultimate trust. It can also be the hardest. If we don't trust God...nothing else matters. I'm not saying it isn't hard, it is probably one of the most challenging things, but it is the most worth it. God has got your back no matter what. It does not matter the circumstance...he is there. It does not matter if you have nobody else, he is your somebody.
Anyway, I don't know if this makes any sense to anyone, and I guess it doesnt really have to. It is just what is on my heart. These things that I have been learning are still challenges, but it takes a lot of practice to change things in your life and so I encourage everyone to practice...it will be worth it...it wont be easy, but it is worth it.
Love it!
ReplyDelete